Frequently asked questions
What is a Family Health Team? (FHT)
- A FHT is an approach to primary health care that brings together different health care providers to co-ordinate the highest possible care
- The Minto-Mapleton FHT (MMFHT) includes physicians and nurse practitioners working collaboratively with other allied health professionals including nurses, social workers, dietitians, health promoter/kinesiologists and pharmacist
- The MMFHT includes: Dr. Calarco, Dr. Chu, Dr. Deacon, Dr. Norman, Dr. Okoye, Dr. Peterkin, Dr. Semelhago, Dr. Sun, Dr. Wielgosz, Jodi Colwill, Chantelle Koesleg, Sam Cohen and Patrice Shantz
How can I see one of the professionals of the MMFHT?
- To see your family doctor or nurse practitioner simply call his/her office to book an appointment, for contact information, check the "Doctors and Nurse Practitioners" tab under the Contact Us tab
- To see one of the MMFHTs allied health professionals, you can call the MMFHT to arrange an appointment or talk to your doctor about a referral
How will the MMFHT benefit me?
- The services focus on primary health care including disease prevention, health promotion and disease management
- You will gain the skill and confidence to better self-manage your health and well being, both physically and mentally
How much will this cost me?
- There is no cost to you for any of the services
- All the programs and services offered by the MMFHT are funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
How do I cancel an appointment?
- Please contact the Minto-Mapleton Family Health Team office where you scheduled your appointment
- Drayton and Palmerston locations, call 519-638-2110
- Clifford site, call 519-327-4777