Careers with the FHT
Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
One Year Contract
4-4.5 Days per Week, Flexible
Attractive Compensation including HOOPP
Starts September/2018, Flexible
General Description of Position
The Minto-Mapleton Family Health Team (MMFHT) is seeking a skilled, organized and team-oriented Nurse Practitioner to provide coverage at our
Family Health Team (Base site is in Drayton with Outreach to Harriston with travel covered to Harriston). We are located 35 minutes northwest of
Waterloo and Guelph. The Nurse Practitioner will function in collaboration with members of the Family Health Team including other NPs,
physicians and interdisciplinary staff. This position requires the Nurse Practitioner to demonstrate skill in formulating clinical decisions while
appropriately managing acute/chronic illness and promoting wellness. This is an exciting position with considerable variety and a supportive,
flexible work environment.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
Specific Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team member
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Keen ability to prioritize and manage time effectively and show flexibility in a busy work environment.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter electronically to Shirley Borges, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MMFHT welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.